Sunday, March 1, 2020

The Sewing Box

Today I sorted what could be salvaged of my grandmother's sewing supplies into two flat containers. They're not really that full because I had to discard so much stuff. We now have three flat boxes of sewing stuff, plus my roommate's two boxes. All of this is macro-sorted at the moment. Before it gets put up, I'll have him go through it and see what is beyond being useable. No need to keep things that don't function.

In the midst of this, I realized how completely amazing my grandmother's sewing box is! I cleaned it up and sorted all of my knitting and crochet stuff into it. The box is an unapologetic shade of burnt 1970s orange, but I'm willing to live with it for the storage and organization this thing provides.

I've decided that once my room gets in order unless my roomie is interested in working on another room, my priority is going to be maintaining what I've done, rehabbing my body, and getting through the yarn and supplies I have around me. Things are going to be so different when I'm not surrounded by unused yarn. I'll finish the blanket next to me, then the blanket in the ottoman, then we'll see from there.

If my roommate IS interested in tackling other rooms, I'm certainly down for that, but given that everything else is common space, all decisions need to be mutual.

Mind you, all of that will be at the very earliest the end of this month. I still have about three major projects in my room that have to be paced out so that no one gets too tired over them, and we all know how easily I tire.

In any event, March is here. Hopefully we have a happy Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment