Monday, March 23, 2020

Brave New World

The doctor's appointment was a new kind of thing. When I got there, I was told to call from my car and tell them I had arrived. A bit later, I was called back and asked questions about my current health and where I'd recently traveled. A bit after that, they came to the car with masks on and took my temp. Then I was taken directly to a room. The waiting area was blocked off.

I didn't feel offended at any of this. In fact, I was happy they took steps to keep me safe. Still, it was strange. It's a strange new situation.

I'll be able to do telemedicine for my next appointment. Maybe things will be over by then, but who even knows at this point? One way or the other, I can safely say I've never had an appointment like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment