Sunday, March 29, 2020

Kindness

Posting early today so I don't forget like I did last night. Actually, I didn't forget. I was angry. My best friend is in a crisis situation.

My best friend and my brother both work in the health care field. Right now, that is terrifying. Going into work is like walking into chaos. There isn't enough safety gear for them. They risk exposure. Everyone is nervous and demanding and scared.

When they come home, relaxing is hard. They wonder what they may be bringing home to their families. The wonder if this may be the time when the hospital tells them they have to stay away.

The worst part is how they may be treated while out in public. Healthcare workers have been removed from stores. They've been screamed at.  They've been accused of spreading illness. It's insane.

Look, there is a lot of stuff we can't control during this, but we can control our kindness. Be nice to people who are on the frontlines of this virus. Offer them a shoulder. Offer them an ear. Let them know you love them and want the best for them.

These people are working 12 hour days, sometimes more. They need our support right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment