Wednesday, May 4, 2011

If I Was God: Ten Commandments Post Part 2

I know I would finish this last night, but that didn't happen. I was too tired. Anyway, on to the commandments.

6. THOU SHALT NOT ENGAGE IN CONSTANT BITCHERY.

While I have no real problem with witchcraft, bitchcraft is a whole other matter.  If you find yourself doing nothing save complaining and bitching and moaning and ranting about how every little thing in your life is wrong, if I was your god, this would totes be a sin.

I'm not just talking about on a personal level either. If you feel the need to go in public and bitch or go on TV/radio/other media and just bitch, then that counts.

Punishment . . . I had to think a lot about this. I thought about doing something bad to the bitchers, but then they would bitch more, which means they would be happier.  So instead, I think I'll just make it to where whenever they bitch, all everyone else head is positive stuff. HAH!

7. THOU SHALT NOT ANNOY OTHERS FOR THE MERE PLEASURE OF ANNOYING THEM.

If you feel the need to, I dunno, protest a funeral or post hateful shit on someone's message board (or any other non-charming form of trolling) then you are committing this sin.

Punishment will be a small plague of bugs that fly around you, buzz, and bite you. Always. Try to hold your shitty sign while that is going on.

8. THOU SHALT NOT VIOLATE OTHERS.

This counts for any type of violation, including violating someone else's privacy.  Violating other humans is a very low thing to do.

Punishment will be that you are put in an isolation booth and left to watch everyone while never interacting with them again.

9. THOU SHALT BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT THY HAS.

Goals are nice. Plans are great. But there are millions of things around you right now that are amazing. Pause for a bit each day and note these things. Be grateful for them.

There honestly won't be any punishment for this one, because I believe that lack of gratitude is its own punishment.

10. (and this one is most important) THOU SHALT ENTERTAIN THINE OWN DAMNED SELF.

I really sincerely think that most of the world's problems wouldn't exist if we spent more time entertaining ourselves. I know I live in my own head too much, but at least its an entertaining head.

The more we have to depend on others for entertainment, the more we begin to find that we are using these people.  We take from them, bit by bit, until they really have nothing left to give us. But if we stop this and find ways to keep our own company, our relationships with others suddenly improve.

So if the person you life with is busy doing something and excluding you, don't sulk. Go watch tv, read a book, or find some hobby. You can do it.

Again, no punishment for this, because when you can't entertain yourself, you are punishing yourself.

Oh, you could also write some blog about being god. That's kind of entertaining as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment