Sunday, May 1, 2011

An Ode to Saffron, May She Rest in Peace

With one long continuous BEEEEEEEEEEEEP my computer Saffron died today. All signs point to motherboard failure.  Saffron was unwieldy and never quite altogether right, but she tried her best to be my faithful companion and she will be missed.

I'm honestly not kidding about that.  I get oddly, strangely attached to things. Whenever I spend day after day touching and interacting with something, I bond with it.  When I have to change purses for example, I always hold the last purse and thank it for its good service.  I actually feel bad when this happens.

Losing a computer is devastating for me. For one thing, I rarely have the funds to replace it. It's always a hassle and even a little scary as the computer is basically one of my only outlets in life anyway.

But most of all, I am devastated because I will be losing my relationship with the computer.  The sweet and faithful box of plastic and metal and cat hair that has been entertaining me and helping me produce my own special brand of weirdness is now gone. Oh, how it hurts.

And yes, I am aware of how crazy this makes me sound. Eh, it's still true.

Goodbye, Saffron. I hope in your next life, someone builds you with more stable parts. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment