Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Break from the Hell

Somehow despite predictions of the Sun actually sending blasts of hot pain, it ended up being a pretty decent day.  We didn't have to even turn the AC on until later in the afternoon. This was a nice change from having to flick the damned energy guzzling bastard on at like nine in the morning.

The thing is, it was still in the 90s. I now understand how different life can be in the 90s as opposed to it being past 110. I didn't want to understand this, but I do.

My roommate and I have been on the verge of illness for days, both of us suffering from nausea and headaches. The cats have been hiding and eating only the minimum of what they needed to survive. And this was with the AC on.  Somehow, it just wasn't penetrating the depth of the heat.

Today was a nice break from the hellish heat though. It made me look forward to Fall.  In fact, I want to really REVEL in Fall now. I want to go look at leaves and carve a damned pumpkin and celebrate Halloween and watch Fall cartoons with my roommate and sit on the porch and knit and be cold.

I guess if anything can be taken from this horrible summer, it is the idea that it's only temporary and seasons I like more are just around the corner. Soon I'll be leaving my fan on and shivering just so I can feel cold. I honestly can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment