Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

Wow, I didn't post last night. Then again, I spent most of the evening telling a dear friend a dark secret, so maybe posting just wasn't in the cards for me.  I should get my cards out and see if that's truly the case.

The weather's been playing wet and nasty lately. Nothing compared to what's happening on the East Coast, but unpleasant.  Still, every day we're seeing a drop in the temp, especially at night. Hopefully my Magical Autumn will be here soon.

I should point out that the cats have been interesting this summer. Normally, they hide from us when things get too hot, or just hang out on the edges of the rooms. Well, either that or they hang out in between fans, usually in the way of everyone.  But that's the nature of cats.

This summer though, they've been quite friendly. Even Crazy Cat has been in the living room on the more hot days, and the others were in here constantly.  They've also wanted a lot of attention, insisting on their heads being petted and on belly rubs. This has been quite nice, even if it means sometimes hot furry cat is laying on me whenever I don't have the AC running.

I've been thinking of more concepts that need words for them. For instance, there should be a word for that emotion of annoyance you feel when someone you don't like announces they're going to have spawn more children.  Yes, that emotion needs a name.

Anyway, my week will hopefully be low key.  It needs to be, I think. Some peace and quiet would be nice.  Hell, I think we all need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment