Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Night Status

I started working on my first knitting project of the season. It's a sock for my CPAP tubing. I'd crocheted one a few years back, but it is cumbersome and misshapen.  The knitted one, while fugly because I used old bit of yarn, is far lighter and a better length. I also macramed ties for it, so I can control how tight I make the ends. 

Misshapen is an awkward word.  I think when I read it in my head, half the time it comes out Miss Happen.  Don't even ask what I thought of macrame. 

I continue, in my no-attention span meow meow kind of way, to read through GRRM. It's an easy read, but I have a disco ball for a brain half the time. I've decided it isn't a fantasy novel at all. It's a horror novel set in a fantasy world.  This actually lets the books make more sense. Well, plus there are the Others out there. 

I finished watching the second generation of Skins last night. The first of it kind of annoyed me, but it ended well. It ended horrifically, though not in the same way the first one did. 

To that end, I'll leave this brief post with a tribute video.  This tribute is so well done it could have BEEN the video to this song. Placebo's "Meds" and Skins 1's Cassie. What a combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment