Thursday, August 18, 2011

Self-Observations, Which are Both Current and Random

Sometimes I think it's a good idea to take a step back and look at your brain, just to see what's going on. Oh, and I guess look at the other parts of you as well. So here are some current happenings in the BHBverse.

  • My brain has been singing old NES video game songs to me. Not Zelda, oddly, but a lot of the other ones. This should probably annoy or worry me, but it's actually kind of amusing.
  • I've been obsessing about Alexander the Great again to the point where I'm pretty sure it's love.  I must have been one of his boyfriends back in the day.
  • I've also had this huge paranoid streak. Or okay, more so than usual.  In fact, today a bunch of stuff that could have potentially gone wrong went very, very right and it's making me so paranoid I almost don't want to talk about it.
  • I'm really upset with myself and the other circumstances that made it impossible for me to go to my cousin's wedding. I keep looking at all the pictures and almost crying.
  • I'm also rather obsessed with Fever Ray's wolf songs.  Okay, I'm rather obsessed with songs about wolves always, but I'm really into "The Wolf" and "Keep the Streets Empty" right now. La howl.
  • I think the meditation is getting better. I'm not really sure though. I have this feeling I'm doing it wrong or convincing myself I'm doing it right (and doing it wrong). The thing is, it's not like anyone can CHECK for me. It's freakin meditation. 
  • I was talking about Watership Down with someone earlier this week.  It astounds me that even to this day, that story still messes with me so much.
  • No matter how bad my mood, clever wordplay will always cheer me.
Ahh, and there you have it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment