Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Heat Exhaustion

I've been in a lot of pain today. Mind you, I'm almost always in pain, but today I had more than normal.  My body is really giving out over the heat and the issues caused by the heat.  I've been drinking as much water as possible and trying to keep my system in balance, but I'm sweating so much I still feel dehydrated all the time.

My sleep has been marginal. Actually, the best sleep I'm getting is during the day when the AC is on. Sleep at night has been hellish, muggy, and sporadic.  When I don't sleep well, my tolerance for just about everything is shot.  My anxiety skyrockets and my depression creeps back in.

To make matters worse, the high temps are affecting the house. My fridge isn't cooling well. Windows and doors are screwing up. Even the van decided to get in on the action by refusing to close one of the back windows.  Stuff just wasn't meant to handle hours and hours of 100+ temps.

So right now I'm trying to distract myself. I'm going to sit here and watch a movie and pretend like everything will be okay.  Actually, everything will be okay.  Even the temperature will eventually go down. At least, it better. Bastard weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment