Saturday, August 13, 2011

I DID STUFF TONIGHT!

Yes, it's been like forever since I ventured forth and did stuff with people outside my house. It's been hot and horrible and I just stayed in the house and only came out for therapy or shopping or my best friend. But tonight, I went out and socialized with people.  It was great.

I feel like a whole new person. That may be because of new shampoo though.

Hopefully my roomie and I can start going out more now.  I know he's felt just as shut in as I was.  As bad as cabin fever can be during the winter, it's hell during the summer.

As I said before, it may be a bit too early to be hopeful, but maybe the evil heat is finished. If so, as much as I felt drained and awful before, tonight I feel fucking victorious.  We survived. We goddamn well survived this ungodly summer.  And it wasn't easy.

We had to make a lot of adjustments and decisions. We had to sacrifice comfort and convenience.   We had to be really really careful about how much we ran the AC.  But we did it.  We pulled though. And I really have to give props to my roommate here because he thought of so many solutions to our challenges.  Thanks, man.

Anyway, I'm calling it a night. More on WHAT I did while out later.  In the meantime, we survived the season. Good for all of us.

2 comments: