Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

I live in a small town that is about half an hour away from a small city. Okay, it's half an hour if traffic is good. Otherwise, it's closer to 45 minutes. Today though, I think it was only the 30 minutes.  I think this because today was a great day.

This weekend, my roommate's glasses broke so this morning we trekked to the city to get them repaired. We ate our favorite cheaptastic burgers on the way up there and they were cooked quite well. Once in town, we managed to get in and out of the mall three times without any major hell.  The repair job on the glasses took less than an hour and cost nothing. Awesome.

We got mall Chinese food and came home with no car trouble.  After catching up on some missed TV shows, we ate our mall food and some cookies. I busied myself with cute pictures of people's Halloween costumes and played Glitch.  Later that night, I even attended a Glitch Halloween party.  And . . . it was a lot of fun.  There were drugs!

The best part is that we managed to find Alice and get her indoors before the trickortreaters started roaming the streets.  Alice has a lot of issues, chief among them that she doesn't look like most cats.  We couldn't risk people hurting her.

I talked to my dad and my uncle today.  Both conversations went well, which was nice. My roommate and I laughed about stuff all day and were deeply clever.

Over all, while it wasn't a conventional Halloween, it was a very enjoyable one.  It was one on my terms and with my little quirks filtered in. I loved it.

Hope your holiday went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment