Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday TV Watching Blah Blahs

My brain has been so random today. I'm having massive trouble focusing. I started watching a new show and it was all I could do to pay attention to it. My meds do this to me and it can get really rough and intense.  Everything gets loud and jittery or maybe just I get jittery. I'm never really sure.

I hate it when I get this way. I write lousy posts. I have trouble talking to people. I have trouble being me.  I know it never lasts, but during the moments when it's going on, it's hellish.

Today it was like in the 70s or something, which is just insane for this time of the year. I think I mentioned that yesterday. I'm so starting to repeat myself in posts.  But hey, can't be helped. 300+ posts in, what do you expect? Yes, I know I've repeated that before as well.  I keep turning the fan off and on to see if can cool me down. Mostly, it's just annoying me. If things are this warm tomorrow, I'm switching to shorts.

Anyway, Alcatraz started tonight.  It's the latest J.J. Abrams show.  In fact, it's enough like Fringe that it even has the same music. It's like Lost in that . . . well, it involves an island, mystery, and has Jorge Garcia.  On the positive side, it has a solid premise. Some prisoners and guards disappeared from Alcatraz back in 1963  instead of being moved . . . and now they're returning and no time has passed for them. A task force has been set up to track them down and bring them back to prison.

My roommate expressed concerns that it might turn into Freak of the Week.  He has a very valid point. In fact, the show basically sets itself up for that. The problem with FotW is that unless you are making your freaks really interesting, people stop caring.  You have to continue to build other things along with that. On the other hand, it seems like certain people who have the initials JJA have a problem with starting out strong and then kind of losing ideas about what to do next and just turn everything into some big ass quagmire of a conspiracy. A certain JJA should try and avoid that this time.

We've been having some talks about the shows we watch lately and are considering culling some of them from our list of viewing. In some cases, they are shows that started out as awesome but have been on for too long, or at least, have been on so long people forgot how to write them with good plots. I'm looking at you, House and Supernatural.  In other cases, the shows have no reason to suck, but due to poor casting choices, have started to be boring. Yes, Amazing Race, I mean you.

There are also some newer shows that I think we'll stop sooner than later. I'm kind of more into Secret Circle than my roommate, even though I do realize that the show is pretty awful.  Unforgettable needs to pick itself up, because there are plenty of other shows that can be watched at that time.

We've actually dropped some shows already this year.  Even though we both loved CSI since the first season, we recently gave up on it. They keep adding used-to-be-famous people to it instead of concentrating on the characters they had left.  There was no reason for that. It's like having a piece of pie and covering it in a cheap chocolate sauce instead of enjoying the pie you have.

And you know what? I don't miss it.  Every time I see ads for it, I just get annoyed. That tells me a lot, really. I mean, I still miss Firefly. I do not miss CSI. Hmm. Rhymes!

A Poem: The TV Junkie's Remorse

Oh, how I miss the Firefly!
It's life so quickly passed us by.
When I hear the theme song
I kind of cry.
With a shiny tear in each my eye.

But I do not miss the CSI.
This pains me some,I cannot lie.
It showed me how people in Los Vegas
Happened to die.
And all the science that showed them why.

Maybe I should do another bad poetry contest . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment