Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Year of January

I'm not really sure why it is, but to me it feels like January of 2012 has lasted forever. The weeks seem to drag by.  The hours go on and on. Half the time I think it's far later than it is in the day. I'm not even sure why this is happening. This month is in slow motion.

A lot of people believe you want time to move slowly.  It's running out, as it were, so the slower it moves, the better off you are.  As for me, I somewhat have an interest in winter and spring lasting as long as possible before Hell!Summer gets here again. However, I find that as much as I'd think I'd like time slowing down, in all actuality, it annoys me.

It's not that I want time too move too quickly (other than the aforementioned summer months), it's just that I want it to stay consistent.  I like time when it moves at a regular rhythm. It's comforting.  When things get off of that cadence, I start to feel screwed up.

This also leaves me with a mystery.  Has my screwed up mental state of paranoia and anxiety been because of this upset in my sense of time movement . . . or has the sense of time movement been altered because I've been paranoid and anxious?  The problem is, I just really can't tell. It could be either.

I was sick a lot this month. And, again, I can't tell if the illness made time feel slower of if the time pacing made me sick.  Though, between my mental breakdowns and the days of feeling under the weather, I can safely say that more of the slow January was in pain than it was out of it. Again, perhaps that is why it felt so slow.

So what happened in this year of January?

  • The stupid government tried to take over the internet and we told them no. They backed off but it seems that some shadow world government is trying to do it again. Fuckers. 
  • I finished watching Gossip Girl and loved every minute of it.  I also wrote a post about it, but you already know that. 
  • Past GG, I started watching Borgia: Faith and Fear. I thought it was awful at first, but the guy playing Rodrigo Borgia does so with such charming decadence that I can't help but love it. Besides, no matter what throne people are playing for, I'm always going to love watching them.
  • I had a lot of fun with my roommate watching stuff on the Roku and playing games. It's really been a wonderful addition to our lives.
  • Our kitchen faucet decided to die slowly and then die really fucking fast. This caused stress, agitation, and cost a lot of money.  Now we have a new sink that looks less scary and works far better. Yay!
  • We killed mice.
  • My blog turned a year old and I felt a total rush of accomplishment.  This sensation is so rare for me that it probably did shock damage. 
  • I enjoyed my cats and my happy little household I've been blessed enough to have. I slept in a very comfortable bed.
So, January has a couple of more official days left to it.  That's what my calendar is saying anyway. In reality, I'm betting it will feel like weeks before Feb. 1 gets here. I'll do my stuff, haunted as the hours drag, and try to remember how and why this month is taking forever.  I hope February has a normal pace to it and everyone is less sick and crazy. I hope things don't break or, at the very least, break during regular business hours. I hope life is happy and good, that it's a memorable month in nice ways.

I really hope it doesn't last another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment