Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday Randoms

For anyone who is interested, the tip of my thumb is healing. Yay. Hopefully the blackish purple will soon fade. It's Jan. 6 and I have the fan on.  This does not bode well for the rest of the year. Of course my feet are still buried under a blanket.

I'm casually playing Sims again.  I'm doing the Neglected Child challenge. Basically, you give the kid a toy oven and a bed.  You see to the adult's needs but let the kid fend for itself.  If it survives to adulthood, you give it a great life. Not sure that will happen. I named the girl Lina Squatch.

Still having the paranoia, but I'm trying to regulate my meds, so maybe I can stop that. It takes a while though. Usually about a month. Honestly, it will be nice to be back in "I don't give a fuck" meds bliss. I miss that.

There's been a lot of violence around the area. People my SIL and her friends know have been involved in spousal murders. Another person I'm close to lost her grandfather.   She's my age so she had him for a very long time.  It's very hard to lose someone when they've been such a large part in defining your life.

My roommate and I attempted to make fudge. The taste is nice.....the consistency is about the same as thick cake frosting. We have plans to fix it for next time. I'm proud of us for at least trying though. Sweet things have gotten so expensive that if we can make more homemade things, we'll save a lot of money. At least, that's the theory.

Iowa did their primaries and things went about as expected.  I'm so disenchanted with politics that I'm planning on just mocking it from now on. What other choices do we have?  You know, until they take our right to mock away.

No comments:

Post a Comment