Monday, December 24, 2012

Birthday and Eve

Overall, I had a good birthday. My roommate and I braved Walmart this morning. It was chaotic outside, but he said people were uncharacteristically nice inside the store. I got dizzy trying to find a parking place, but eventually got past it. I was still on the verge of panic attacks, but managed to keep them in check. I got some phone calls from people who wished me Happy Birthday and ate cupcakes with my roommate in celebration.

My sister-in-law and the kids picked me up at almost six and we drove to my grandfather's house. Traditional Christmas Eve dinner of deer and fried potatoes was a small affair this year. I don't think my grandfather and his wife are doing that well. Actually, I'm not sure anyone on my dad's side of the family is all that healthy, cept for maybe my dad and his wife.

Anyway, the gifting side of the holiday is over for me. I'm rather pleased with everything I got. I was also pleased with my level of participation, even despite being weakened by vicious illness and anxiety. I'm happy about that. Like I wrote on the post-Thanksgiving Day post, I want to have more participation in these holidays. I think it's important to do so.

I wanted to post more, but it's just not going to happen. The party and everything else has left me fairly drained. Holidays have been fun, but I think I'm ready for life to get back to normal. Having said that, I'm coming into the end of this year feeling very blessed and happy for what I have and who I am. It's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment