Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pain Again

Of late, I've been going through a lot of pain and injuries. Normally I would just assume this was due to my clumsiness, but in this case, it just seems to be a lot of probabilities not falling in my favor. There are things I could have done in some cases that could have prevented the injury, but for the most part, it was just a situation where the odds just finally ran out. That doesn't stop the pain, of course. Even now as I type, I'm in a lot of pain from various directions because of injuries.

Night before last, the smoke alarm decided to die. It decided to do this at six in the morning while my roommate and I were asleep. Once it started beeping and he got it to stop, I never really managed to fall back into sleep. I was a mess as I struggled through our morning. I managed to drive for shopping, but when we came home,  the back of the kitchen chair decided to fall off, while I was leaning against it, which caused me to go crashing backwards to the floor.

I handled this better than I would have a year ago at this time. Actually, even with all the pain I'm in, I'm still walking better than I did a year ago this time. I know I will heal from this, it's just not a lot of fun right now. I kind of feel like someone beat me . . . well, with the back of a chair.

It's also a little bit frustrating because I have some plans for what I want to do with the December blogs. If I am in less pain tomorrow night, I'll explain more about it. If not, well, you'll get another rambling post like this one. But at least you'll get a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment