Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Loom and Gloom

The loom project I started with old yarn is being turned into a dog blanket for my cousin. It's not going to beautiful, but it will be comfortable and warm. It will be very, very warm. It's also going to be heavy and I'm going to have great arms if I keep working with the loom. There really isn't an 'if' about it. Sometimes during the day, I'll get this happy feeling about the wonderful thing I get to do. For a moment, I'll wonder what that is and then I'll remember it's working with the loom. I love that damned loom now.

The weather is being strange. It stormed earlier and might actually snow tomorrow. I doubt it will and really don't want it to. As much as I love the idea of a white holiday season, I dislike the idea of dealing with snow, ice, and falling on my butt. Remember the post from two winters ago when I was riding with my roommate on the ice? Yeah, the fear is still in me.

We're getting really close to the end of the Mayan calendar. I really don't think the world will end, but if it does, I'm totally fine about it. Why not be totally fine about it? There's nothing I can do to stop it.

However, if the world does end, there will be some things I'll miss. I'll miss the feeling of a cat's nose against my skin. I'll miss how it feels to crawl into bed for the night. I'll miss the beautiful on-going conversations I have with people. I'll miss music. I'll miss creating things.

Then again, who says the next version of reality won't have those things? It may even have better things!  Look at me, ending a gloomy post on a high note!

No comments:

Post a Comment