Saturday, December 22, 2012

Crazy Sick Dreams

First of all, I'm doing better. I washed my sick clothes today and that's always a good sign. I ate what were actual meals and even had some brownie. So yeah, much better.  As much as I hate being sick, one of the things that always amuses me is the strange dreams I have during the process.

For instance, at one point during my illness, I dreamed that a zombie with a lion's head came to see me. It told me that during my illness, a lion mask would be attached to my face. It wouldn't allow me to breath anymore and, eventually, it would kill me. Then it told me that was totally fine because once I was dead, I would come back as a zombie lion-headed creature and we would conquer the planet.

At another point, I dreamed I was a spy. My mission was to infiltrate a food court at a local mall by a lake. I have no idea why that was my mission, but it was. I got a job there but somehow the manager of the place thought I wasn't who I said I was, so he decided to walk me home. On the way, I impressed him with my ability to seem like someone who would work at a food court in a mall by the lake, even talking about how nifty it was that real estate prices around the lake weren't that high. I remarked that my small condo next to the water only cost $150.00 a month and he thought that was great.

The strangest dream involved me being a mean girl. One of my mean girl friends was going to be honored at a banquet. In the first part of the dream, I was sitting with her and various other mean girls as we discussed how wonderful it was that she was being honored. She was being one smug bitch about it too. In the next part of the dream, one of the other mean girls and I switched the DVD that was supposed to be footage of all of her accomplishments to showing how she was cheating on her boyfriend. It ended up being devastating. I knew I should feel guilty . . . but she was just being SO smug.

Sick dreams are always very vivid for me. They stick with me for a long time, almost like I was in other places.  In fact, when I was a kid, I used to think I got sick because I HAD to be in these other places during that time.

Though, I really can not think of a reason why I would have to be a zombie with a lion's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment