Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Winter Snow Reflections

When we woke up this morning, it wasn't snowing. Within a few hours, the snow was falling in thick, wet flakes. It was lovely to watch and even more lovely to watch knowing that I didn't have to go out in it. We stayed inside all day.  Several friends and family members called to wish us well. We ate a nice holiday meal and didn't give the cats any, though they did get their own treats later.

December is almost over, which means that 2012 is almost over. In some ways, it has been a wonderful year. I learned a lot about myself and my own strengths. I'm very happy for that lesson. I'm less happy about the other lesson of the year. This year, I learned in a much deeper level to remember how easily something fragile can be lost. It hurts to know this, though I suppose it is a fitting companion to learning more about my own strength.

I plan to take the lessons of this year into the remaining years I have. I want to continue to strengthen myself and those around me. I want to encourage strength, walk away from powerlessness, and grow. At the same time, I want to value the fragile and delicate. I want to acknowledge their importance.  I want to be a part of their existence for however long that is, even if it is just a few heartbreaking moments.

Anyway, back to the more physical side of the Christmas post.  Best moment of the holidays include decorating the tree with my bff, wrapping gifts with my roommate, listening to my nephew sing, talking to my aunt, and having Christmas lunch here in my home with my two and four legged family. I got my practical gift of skillets and kitchen stuff, my fun gifts (Sims stuff), and a couple of unexpected and wonderful addictions (Skullcandy earbuds and a really cool bag). Over all, it was a good Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment