Sunday, July 28, 2013

Game of Thrones 30 Day Challenge: Day 7

Day Seven: Favorite Episode of the Series

There are a lot of episodes of the show that I love.  In fact, I mostly love every episode, as I kind of see it just as an amazing thing that the books I love are being mad into a show that has such amazing depth and drama to it.  However, if I have to pick a favorite episode, it would be from season three, Now His Watch has Ended.

The clip above shows the reason I love it so much. This is really Dany's finest moment in Storm of Swords. She needs an army and knows the only way she can get one is to buy a slave army, but she truly hates slavery and doesn't want to do that. She also doesn't have the money to purchase the army and has to trade one of her dragons for it. All the while, the slavemaster is being a total rude pervert to her, thinking she doesn't understand what he's saying. She does though, but she never lets him know that until it's too late.

This scene is polarizing to a lot of people. While most see it as a great moment for Dany, other people seem quite offended by it. Then again, a lot of people get quite uncomfortable when women are deceptive, clever, and display a lot of power. Oh sure, it's fine for them to defend themselves, but let's not take it too far. I'm rolling my eyes so hard at that idea. Dany does deceive people and she does use everything she has to win. Why would she not?

No comments:

Post a Comment