Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Game of Thrones 30 Day Challenge: Day 10

Day Ten: A scene that made you laugh.

I think I'm going to have to go both series and book to answer this one, though both of them involve Small Council situations. The first one, video to the side, is a scene exclusively in the show, where the Small Council basically plays musical chairs.  Tywin has moved the Small Council closer to his chambers and everyone is being reseated. Littlefinger rushes to sit as close to him as possible. Varys and the Grandmaester follow, if slower. Cersei, not one to be regulated to the end of the table, moves her chair next to her father's. Tyrion, of course, does his best to make his opinion of the whole thing very well known.

My scene from the book is about Mace Tyrell. I haven't talked a lot about the Tyrells. I like the Tyrells because they're sneaky and have no point of view characters, which makes them all the more sneaky. They're the only Great Family that doesn't have a POV character. We never know what they're really thinking and for some reason, that amuses me.

Their current lord Mace Tyrell is either really stupid or brilliantly pretending to be really stupid. I'm honestly not sure at this point, though I love the idea of him just pretending. I think the fact that he would fake being so dumb around all the annoyed Lannisters is just priceless.

When Kevan Lannister appointed Mace to be Hand of the King, Mace was delighted with this. He was so delighted that he had a chair constructed, SHAPED LIKE A HAND, for him to sit in while he was busy being Hand of the King. For some reason, the idea of this overly pompous plump man sitting in a chair shaped like a hand while he tries to rule a kingdom makes me giggle uncontrollably. It is seriously one of the tackiest ideas I can think of and I can only imagine everyone else's expressions when they saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment