Sunday, October 6, 2013

First Cold Weekend

Yesterday we woke up to rain. It wasn't just any rain, it was a nice cold rain that brought Fall temps with it. We shut windows and doors for the first time in months. All the fans went off and silence eased back into the rooms. It was so wonderful. Best of all, the kitties remembered that we're warm and useful. Rowan snuggled up beside me and has stayed there ever sense. Today she even curled up on my lap and made me pet her. Ahh,  these are the reasons I love Fall.

I also started pulling out cold weather gear. My favorite knitted hat was on my head today and I've considered making some more. That may have to wait until after I finish my knitted jewelry projects. I won't say they look that great . . . but on the other hand, it's so difficult to find jewelry to fit my fat self that even crappy jewelry is better than nothing.

Tomorrow we're going shopping in the morning and then on to an appointment with the eye doctor in the afternoon. My roommate had some kind of mysterious swelling and redness in one eye. He got meds from his usual doctor's office, but said drops proved to be something to which he was allergic. The second doctor gave him something to clear out the infection and try and help with the damage done by the first eye drops. Personally, I'm glad he realized the first ones were making things worse and got more help. Who knows what kind of damage a full week on the 'allergic to' drops could have done.

Anyway, it's been a nice, cool weekend. I was quite happy to have it. My sleep was wonderful and my time with the cats was lovely. I hope your weekend was great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment