Friday, October 11, 2013

State of the Cat Union

This time last year, the state of the kitty union was quite different. We had four cats in the house, Rowan, Rhiannon, Salem, and Alice. Tinkerbell lived outside, as did the cat we assumed was basically ours named Ruffian. Since then, both Alice and Salem have passed on. Ruffian turned out to be a neighbor's cat (named Pumpkin), and Tinkerbell has moved into the house. We also have a new outdoor cat that we have named Clementine. I thought I'd post some current pictures.

This is the current Miss Tinkerbell. Her eyes don't usually look quite so evil . . . or so I have been told. This is usually the look of hate she gives to me.

She has made the transition to Indoor Kitty fairly well. She still mostly stays in my roommate's bedroom, but she does come out for food or other need-based things. She has been playing with Rowan a little. Rowan really wants to be her friend . . . mostly because it's getting colder and Tink looks warm. Rowan always like to have warm places to sleep.


This is Mr. Clementine. I suspect these are the first pictures anyone has ever taken of him. He is a cute cat, though an oddly shaped one. He has an average head, but a strange, compact little body. He's skittish around people and mistrusts sounds. As of yet, he still doesn't know his name.

At least a couple times a day, we go out to sit with him. He's more familiar with my roommate, but seems to like me well enough. Recent events in his life include getting sprayed by a skunk. None of us enjoyed that much.

Finally, we have Rhiannon and Rowan, are are just one cat away from a cat centipede movie. Rowan has been sticking by her sister like glue. I think she's stressed out about all the changes that have happened in the last year. I do not think Rhi is all that thrilled about Rowan's need to stay near her. She usually has that annoyed look on her face.

Anyway, this is how things stand with the cats in my life. There have been a lot of changes. I miss Alice and Fluffy so much. I miss Ruffian too and I hope the neighbors are taking good care of him. In the meantime, I try my best not to think about the fact that Rhiannon and Rowan are 12 now. To me, they will always be kittens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment