Monday, October 21, 2013

Rainy Days and Monday . . . All at the Same Time

I really need to paint the head that is to be my prop for the Halloween party but I couldn't start today because the humidity was really high and I didn't think the paint would obey like I need it to. The last thing my project needs is disobedient weather. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow, as I only have a few days to do this and want as much trying time as possible.

I've also been working on a knitted holder for my mp3 player. The first version was too wide and not tall enough. The second version was tall enough and the right width, but it still looks odd and awkward. I tried to jazz it up with a knot design, but that didn't turn out well either.

Sometimes I think my life is a series of good intentions and lackluster results. I tried to master a rune stone knot tonight and only managed to achieve numb fingers. Maybe I just expect too much of myself. Perhaps it isn't possible to get these projects right without hundreds of times of practice. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm destined to spend my life in wonky hats and janky mittens. Maybe my fate is one of off kilter jewelry and uneven hem lines.

I somehow suspect my ancestresses are laughing at me again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment