Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Moment of the Happies

The first thing I saw on Facebook this morning was a picture of a friend's daughter. She'd tagged me in the post because her daughter, who is in first grade now, still views the baby blanket that I knitted her as one of her favorite things. In the picture, she was sitting on the floor with the baby blanket wrapped around her like a skirt.

I'd not thought about that baby blanket in years. It was the first official thing I knitted. At the time, there was still some question as to if I could even tackle a project that big. I honestly wasn't sure, but I'd picked a very simple pattern and thought I could pull it off. When it was finished, I was pleased, but at the time, I just kept seeing all the flaws in it.

There is a deep joy in knowing that something I made gives comfort to someone else. It's neat to know that my work touched someone like that. It makes me feel very good and oddly useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment