Thursday, June 25, 2015

AC and Grand Illusions

We've hit that point during the summer where we can't avoid turning on  the AC. Our tipping point temp is 97 though there are factors that play into that. A really high heat index will cause us to turn it on earlier though a low humidity will keep it off. I can function in 100 degrees with low humidity just fine. A lot of this usually depends on how the appliances in the kitchen are behaving. We really can't afford to replace a fridge.

Today we just couldn't avoid it. The heat and humidity proved too much for us. I kind of like the hours when the house is shut down though. It feels comforting to me. I like having the windows and doors open, but I never quite feel secure about it. Plus, the bugs always get inside.

My roommate and I were talking about bathing suits the other day and it reminded me of this one my mom had when I was little. It was a one-piece and had foam bra cups built into it. I would wear it around the house, proudly proclaiming to everyone that I had boobies. I'm sure my three-year-old self thought I was fooling everyone.

Of course, it was the 70s and my parents' friends did a lot of drugs back  then. Who knows? Maybe someone really believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment