Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Medical Journies

I'm not sure how I well I would have handled today had I not started trying to tackle the things that scare me. As I've blogged about recently, more than once, the prospect of going to a new health provider was terrifying. Even after the fact, it's still terrifying. Part of me is wondering how this could all mess up. And trust me, my mind is supplying endless ways. Even still, I went to the appointment and didn't die. I was poked with needles, but thankfully, that didn't hurt.

Changing doctors is rough. Health providers are basically strangers that you suddenly have to trust with all the important details of your life. This is scary to do, especially when you're someone who doesn't fit in with the normal range of things. Then again, that's the majority of people. I'm not unique in my difficulties.

Anyway, she was nice. She was respectful and paid attention to what I was saying. She listened to my concerns about various issues and seemed to understand where I want to go from here. This could have been a con, but then again, most medical people are pretty upfront about their off-putting personalities. I didn't see any of that in her. I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment