Monday, June 1, 2015

Doctor Stuff

I received a letter from my doctor discussing the place she'd be from now on. It's out of town and she'll only be there on Fridays. This is annoying, but in some ways, I'm actually happy. It's the first bit of documented information I've gotten from her. Seeing her in another town and only on Friday doesn't really work that well for me though. What if I break a leg on a Tuesday?

With that in mind, I'll be seeing a new doctor on Wednesday. Like a responsible person, I drove down there to get the paperwork. Like an irresponsible person, somehow this paperwork didn't make it inside the house. I could have sworn that I put it in my purse, but when I went to look for it, I did not find it. I'll look in the car tomorrow.

I wish I was less nervous about this. I loathe meeting a new physician though. There's all the assumptions and awkwardness for both of us. There are attempts to establish trust and the very narrow amount I really have for anyone. I know my whole theme this year has been about being brave, but I have to admit this is testing my limits. I didn't need this. I certainly don't want this. I'm going to do it, yes, but emotionally, it isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment