Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

So last year, I really have no clear concept of even when Father's Day was. It was pretty far from my mind due to all the other stuff going on. I think it may have been the week before my surgery. Like I said, I can't remember.

This year, I actually drove over (several days ago) and saw my dad. We had a really good time and he told me some absolutely great stories about my family. We had stew and watched a concert he had recorded. It felt really normal and good. I was proud of myself for going and proud that I could be brave enough to have the experience.

And in terms of how much of a difference a year can make, I think this shows a lot of it. Making brave decisions and NOT being in crazy levels of pain can take you to some pretty great places. I probably have more tangible memories of this year than I have of the last several, mostly because I've done more stuff.

On a non-related note, I found a VC Andrews analysis blog. It is gloriously bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment