Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Past the Hell

So a year ago today, I was about a week past having to go to Tulsa. I was still in a lot of pain and still in a lot of unhappy places. Whenever I would walk, my whole stomach would get twisted up in cramps that I wasn't sure I would really be able to live with.

Aside from the pain though, I was a happy, happy woman. I was past the surgery and past the trip. It was so nice to know all of it was behind me. It was so good to just think that the dread was over. Living with the anticipation of the surgery was almost harder than the surgery itself.

One of my coping mechanisms is to remind myself that situations are temporary. Sometimes when I'm upset or stressed, I'll remind myself that I only have x number of hours before the situation is over. Then I can be somewhere else, happier, safer. It is usually enough to get me through the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment