Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sterile Environments

I'm not going to post about the marriage thing forever, but I feel like I need to make one more post. Maybe this is also in light of what happened with me last year. I keep seeing these 'against gay marriage' posts from people who are blathering about how marriage is about children.  Their main point seems to be that if a marriage can't produce children then it shouldn't be allowed.

I suppose this means they don't believe I should marry. My marriage would never produce children. I'm incapable of having any. Any marriage I would have would just be about loving this other person, sharing my life with them, and growing old together.

And while all of that sounds very nice and very valid for reasons why two people would join each other in matrimony, if these people had their way, I wouldn't be allowed to do it, even if I am straight, because no kids would be born.

Again, tell me about these family values of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment