Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Alarm

I grew up with one of those clock radio alarms that squawked at me. Yes, I could have set it for music, but I knew I would never actually wake up to that. I had no choice by to set it to the squawking. I hated that damned alarm so much.

When I finally got a phone with an alarm, I liked it pretty well. It was a series of beeps that would get more insistent the longer you let it go. Beep Beepbeep. Beepbeepbeep. It would keep adding until it was one continuous beep. It was so much better than the squawking. I usually only lasted through the first three beeps before I'd turn it off.

My new phone has a 'gentle song' as the alarm. At first I thought I would like this a lot, but I find that I don't. The alarm doesn't get much use, but when it does, the 'gentle song' kind of feels like a bunch of pixies ripped open my skull and are sweetly singing as the jab my brain with knives.

I actually dread this alarm, possibly more than any I've ever experienced. I'll try to wake myself up before it starts so I can avoid having to hear it. There is a commercial on TV that uses the first three notes as the alarm. Every time I see the commercial, I cringe. I hate this alarm that much. It isn't enough to like change it or anything. Honestly, the fact that I hate it may assist in me waking up.

On a note related to my success or lack there of when I sleep, my new CPAP came in. It's so small! I'll give more of an update after it's been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment