Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Ball is Gone

So with the stray ball of yarn, I managed to get a hat, a headwrap, a cowl, and a mini scarf.  Even fringed the mini scarf so that all the last bits of yarn were used. I'm so happy about this! Especially because I honestly had no idea what to do with this ball. Now all of it serves a purpose.

I'm sure you've noticed that most of the time when I work on yarn projects, I'm doing them for myself. This isn't the case with a lot of people, and it isn't something I always do. However, I do know that I make a lot of stuff that won't leave me.

There are reasons for this. For one, I know that not everyone likes knitted or crocheted stuff. I used to make things for people more often, but sometimes I got the impression they didn't care for them. When someone expresses an interest in something, I'll make them a gift. The rest of the time, I assume they're good with what they have.

Also, at my sizes, even finding accessories isn't all that easy. One of the reasons I started knitting was to augment patterns to fit me. I suppose I could make them for other people of ample size, but so far, that hasn't been a thing anyone needed. In the meantime, I'm managing to get myself some (wonky) things to wear, and this is great for me. I'm going to make socks next.

Once I'm done with the socks, I'm going to try and figure out a plan for all the beads I have lurking around. The beads need to be part of something. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment