Friday, August 28, 2015

Wants, Needs,Dreams

I've been oddly inspired and in the mood for certain things in my life. Some of these things are not really possible right now, but I still like to dream about them. Other things are not impossible, but I'm still not sure how to make them happen.

The first thing I'd like is to have a writer's group again. I think I (and a lot of the other writers I know) would benefit from this. I was in one a long time ago, but it fell apart. I still have very fond memories of it. My best friend became my best friend because of the writer's group.

I would also like to start a church. Well, maybe church is the wrong word. I want to start a group where people get together, eat a meal, and spend the whole evening singing. No like actual religion stuff. No lectures about how to live. Certainly no politics. Just an evening of eating, drinking, and singing. I miss group singing and I think it's an important part of keeping people spiritually sound.

I'm not really sure how to make either of these things happen and have them function in a meaningful way, but I would love it if they could. I would want them to serve a pure purpose and not get smothered in negativity and people trying to control it. That is actually the opposite of what I want. I want LESS negativity and more positivity in my life. I need things that will fill me, not more stuff that just leaves me feeling drained.

We'll see what I can swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment