Thursday, January 28, 2016

Grrr

Every day I read another story about horrible things happening to women based on the fact that they are women. Every day I read about women being terrorized online because they are women. These women usually commit no crimes beyond maybe having an opinion or daring to just act like any other human would. It seems that even that is too much for some people.

I hate that gender exists. I wish it didn't. I wish we were all just neutral creatures, or at least in some way capable of disguising what gender we have. It rarely does anything good for anyone, and the small benefits one receives as a woman are usually outweighed by the damaging aspects.

If some genie came along and told me I could have one wish, it would be that all women were given a shield around them that kept anyone they didn't want near them away. If someone was threatening them, it would just dissolve that person into nothingness. The shield would heal them when they were ill and remove pregnancy if they didn't wish to be pregnant. That way, no one could rape us, no one could harm us, no one could beat us, and no one could try and control when we had children.

It sucks that we don't have that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment