Friday, January 1, 2016

Quality

For New Year's Eve, we had some very small containers of the more expensive ice creams. It was only enough to last one or two meals, but it was very, very good. Eating the small bit of better ice cream kind of inspired me about how I want to focus this year.

I want to make decisions that lead to more choices of quality. I want to make the decisions where I get the most out of my time, the most out of my money, even the most out of my calories. I want to have days I really enjoy, not just days. I want to put effort into things that really benefit me, not into things that drain me and make no difference.

Last year, I focused on making brave decisions. Instead of just trying to go gung-ho into something I would never stick with, I decided to just let being brave inform my decision-making. I think that's how I will work this, as it seemed to have had more of an impact on me. That's what I'll try to do this time. I'll be mindful about choosing the option that has the higher quality. I may not always have a choice at all, but when I do, that will be how I weigh my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment