Sunday, May 29, 2016

Campfire Stories

There is all kinds of weird buzz going on right now about American Horror Story. Earlier this year, the whole premise was that it would be about a forest. Now some are saying it's about a children's summer camp, which still works with the forest theme, but certainly narrows it a lot.

The showrunners said they wanted to have a more tight and narrow focus. Honestly, I thought they did that last season, but if they want to do it even more so, I have no problem with that. It will be interesting to see what they can do.

Some people have problems with it being about children. I don't. Childhood is probably the time when we're the most terrified of the things in the dark and under the bed. When we're older, our fears are more grounded in reality. Adult fears are more mundane, but also more devastating.

Of course, this could all be rumors. I suppose the promos will begin soon. I can't wait to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment