Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It Doesn't Look Right

I came home this evening to see someone complaining about a woman who is on welfare who looked very well groomed and dressed well. The poster complained about how they couldn't afford to dress nice and how if they were on the government teet, they'd spend her money more wisely, on things like food and shelter.

I read this and just kind of shook my head. I don't argue with people on Facebook, but sometimes it's really tempting to do so. When it comes to appearances, poor people are damned no matter what they do. If they look too raggedy, people mock them and say they have no pride in themselves. If they look like they're up to everyone else's standards, people are angry because they are spending money on something meaningless.

In the end, I guess there really is no way for the poor to please everyone else, other than to just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment