Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother's Day Orphan

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and for the second year in a row, my uncle won't be here. It makes me sad. Seeing him on Mother's Day had kind of become a tradition. In a very real way, it made up for the lack of mother and grandmother. I'm not going to say spending the day with them was always fun, but they were who I had. Now they're gone.

So I feel a little orphaned. I feel a little abandoned. Okay, I always feel a little abandoned, but this time, I really do. Hell, even the cats don't like me right now! Hah!

Sinead O'Connor (who is her own massive can of worms, more on that later) wrote tonight about how the last person to really touch her was a medical professional. I'm glad I can say I'm not in that situation anymore. Mind you, few years ago that was true. Now I have my best friend's baby who gives me cuddled and hugs. It's like I may have lost my status as a child, but I've gained so much as an Auntie.

I do wish my mom could have met her.



No comments:

Post a Comment