Monday, May 2, 2016

Post Blanket Blues

I finished the bulk of the baby blanket. It probably could have been sent off tomorrow, but when it came to weaving in the stray ends, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was just kind of in that OVER IT place with the blanket. I needed a break. I still have plenty of time for it to get there before the baby arrives, so we're fine.

Sometimes I just get that way with projects. I get so intent on finishing them that by the time I reach the end, I'm sort of beyond the point of wanting to touch it again. I think it's why I have trouble editing books. It's something I need to find a way around.

For now, I'll just take a day or so to be away from  the blanket. Then I'll spend the like 20 minutes I need to finish it. Sending it off will feel really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment