Sunday, May 8, 2016

Odd Humans

Humans are odd creatures. I don't even really say that in a bad way. I just mean that, truly, we're odd.  Unlike basically every other creature on this planet, we surround ourselves with tools and other inventions.

Just looking right in front of me there is a cup, a can, cup holders, scissors, a crochet hook, knitting needles, a tissue, a tape measure, a card and envelope, an iTouch, a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, medicine for my teeth in a plastic tube, and all of this is sitting on a desk. Just, casually in front of me, are all of these inventions.

No other creatures do this. Trees don't do this. Trees just hang out in their tree lines and chill. Some animals have some tools, but nowhere near the number we do. In fact, a whole segment of our education is based on tool mastery.

I realize I'm not saying anything you didn't know or even anything profound. I'm just saying I find us odd.



No comments:

Post a Comment