Sunday, July 3, 2016

Interlude Two Electric Boogaloo

I'm working on  the next part of the GoT thing, but as I said yesterday, I wanted to take some time to talk about a few other things. A lot is going on in the world right now and people are being all kinds of levels of sanctimonious about it. If anything speaks of the decay of our society, it's the fact that tragedies are met with political agendas and not with sympathy.

That's where personal identity politics has taken us, folks. We can no longer filter any aspect of the world outside of our own political notions. I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything to some people OUTSIDE of their politics.

Apparently, several people got messages this week about how others were annoyed with the fact that they post countless political things on FB. None of this seems to have been met with self-reflection. Instead, every single one of them (and they were all over the political spectrum) basically posted the exact same message.

1. I talk about politics all the time because I CARE about the world (and I am kind of implying that you don't.

2. I know that it isn't cool to post about politics, but I'm okay with not being cool (and am implying that by not caring if I am cool or not, I'm really the cool kid deep down).

3. This is MY FB and I can use it however I wish. Now, this one is completely true, of course. You can do what you want with your Facebook . . . but you're not really communicating your message if you keep constantly talking about it. People tune that out. It is your right to do this, but it really isn't that effective.


I get political on  the blog, but let's face it, very few people read this anyway. This blog is basically the outward expression of all the stuff going on in my head, minus the constant songs, Simpsons quotes, and revenge fantasies. The nice thing about being political on a blog is that people basically have to choose to click on the links to read it. They certainly don't have to. And they certainly don't have to go through steps to block it. Not that blocking things on FB is hard, but still . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment