Saturday, July 16, 2016

July Reflections

I'm still working on the blanket. I think I have about two more rounds before I call it finished. It still won't be huge by that time, but big enough to keep me warm. Working on the big, hotass thing can sometimes be annoying, but it will be worth it when winter arrives. You know, assuming winter is actually cold. Lately, the weather doesn't really want to do what it's supposed to do.

In the last week or so, this has been pretty mild for July. We've rarely had the AC on. A couple of nights ago, I got cold while I was sleeping. I'm not complaining about this. June was rough and we used more AC than we wanted. It's good to have some days when we can forgo it, or at least not have it on for as many hours. Any little bit helps.

On days like this, I wish I had a screened in porch. That way I could go out and be near nature, but not in it enough for bugs to get on me. The only thing that sucks about cooler July days is that the bugs don't go away as quickly. Oh, and the grass isn't dead yet, which means more lawn mowing.

Summer just always has a downside.




No comments:

Post a Comment