Sunday, July 17, 2016

Volunteer Surprises

My happy July of cooler weather is coming to an end. Next week is suppose to give us triple digit temps and all the nastiness that comes with it. Upside? Dead grass. Also, usually when it gets hotter than Hell outside, the bugs return to Hell (their home) and leave us alone.

We'll be shopping in the morning and then I have therapy on Tuesday. We also have some errands that will happen on Wednesday, making the first part of our week rather eventful. I'm really hoping that's the last bit of eventful for a while. As hot as it's going to be, I'd rather not be exposed to the outside.

My roommate handles the outside better than I do and informed me that we have a volunteer Elephant Ear in  the front yard. We also have more Virginia Creeper, but we always have that. The Elephant Ear is kind of interesting because they usually aren't apt to just show up voluntarily in someone's yard. I know Gran used to have them, but it's been years. Most of hers were in planters and were sold after she died because I knew I'd just end up killing them.

The woman next door grows some and I always like looking at them. It might be nice to have them again. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else, it would make me be happy for my grandmother's memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment