Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August Daze

This time of year is really odd. In the past, August was our hottest month, but it was also a dryer month. We could see the grass dying and the humidity would be low. Some nights, it would even be cool because of the lack of humidity. This brought its own set of problems. This is is the time of year when we were most likely to get wildfires.

In recent years, August has been hot, but still humid. While our grass is dying, it's not dying as quickly as it used to. We're still having to use the AC earlier in the day because the humidity is making heat indexes spike. It's really not fun. I actually miss the hotter, dryer August weather.

As neither my roommate nor myself are all that healthy, this weather is really getting to us. We both look like the walking dead right now and the humidity is making our joints ache. It's making me really tired, and, as I wrote about last night, forgetful. I'm doing this post early so I know it will be accomplished. Working on Trixie was fine, but I like to keep things on a certain schedule.

I think I'm going to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment