Monday, August 29, 2016

So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World

Gene Wilder died. My god, this has been a rough year for losing people important to the shaping of my childhood. I loved Gene's work so much. Wonka is probably one of my favorite movies ever. I actually saw a revival of it in the theater in college and consider that one of my favorite college moments.

This is another death that makes me miss my mom. She loved his movies too. Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles were her favorites. I watched both of them way before I understood them. I would repeat parts because I knew it made my mom laugh. I was probably a bit obnoxious about it, but that's what happens when  you're a small child trying to be funny and not grasping what you're doing.

Goodbye, Gene. I loved you.  Thank you for everything you gave to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment