Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Unexpected Cleaning

My little fan that sits beside me in the living room wasn't working all that well. I took the screen off and cleaned it, as I usually do, but then noticed there was a lot of gunk on the inside. I couldn't reach it with my mascara brush (great cleaning too, by the way!) so I unscrewed the back so I could clean the gears.

This is something I should have done years ago. The inside of that fan was so horribly nasty. I'm really surprised the motor never caught on fire from all the grimy dustbunnies. It took quite a while, but I got most of the loose gunk out of there and cleaned up the gears a bit. It's running better now, but of course it would with less nastiness inside.

I'm going to have to make it a habit to clean the inside of the fan at least once a year. In this old house there is no way to avoid dust and cat fur. The best I can do is try to remove it as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment