Thursday, October 6, 2016

Accomplishments and Questions

Today I got the title in for Blair. I called all the people who officially needed to know I've changed vehicles. My roommate did the same. Somehow, despite losing the title to the van, the gas springing a leak, and general organizational fuckery, we've managed to get the Great Car Shakeup of 2016 completed.

Tomorrow I have to be in Fort Smith so my roommate will have to deal with the plumber himself. I'm not allowing myself to think about how that will turn out. This house is over 100 yrs old and most of the repair work on it was done by DIY people. It's all pretty sketchy. For all I know, he could go under the house tomorrow and find out our foundation consists of hornet nests and the skeletons of mice. Oh, and Virginia Creeper. I'm sure there is a lot of Creeper down there.

I also know I slept better last night than I have in weeks. I'm assuming that had something to do with not breathing in gas. I also know that no matter what ends up happening with the gas situation, even if we have to tear the house down or move, it is STILL better than breathing gas and/or dying from gas.

Beyond that, it's all a mystery. Will the gas leaked get fixed? Will the Virginia Creeper destroy us all? Will Suddenlink have Part Three of Fuck It Up Friday and screw up the internet for everyone from here to Texas? Answers to these questions and others will be answered in tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment