Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Troubleshooting

My roommate has this theory about computer problems. He believes that if you're having a problem with your machine, chances are other people have had the problem already and have found ways to fix it. Googling is always the first step when computers screw up.

Last night, I decided to apply this theory to a problem of my own and it worked. I'm making some new carriers for my phone and needed straps for them. I can make these on my own, but it gets boring and tedious. A few years ago, I got a little crank machine to do this for me. I could never get it to work right. After a while, I just gave up and tossed it in a supply bag.

Following my roommate's theory, I went to YouTube to see if anyone else had trouble with these machines. Come to find out, my problems with it were really common. I watched a couple of videos, did some practice runs, and how have straps! Yay!

So anyway, I am thinking the Roommate's computer theory can more or less apply to any situation. If you're having a problem with something, you're more than likely not the first one. Google it. Youtube it. See what you can find. It may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment